Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sedona


Sterling and I took a little get away to Sedona in January.  I had found a Bed and Breakfast for 1/2 off, so made a reservation.  It was our first experience with one and I have to say I give it a 3 of 5.  It was in West Sedona, not along the creek, like I had thought.  The decor was nice and our room was fine, bathroom a little small.  The breakfasts were both yummy and creative and everyone was very nice, but I was glad we had not paid full price, cuz I'd have felt jipted.  I hate to complain, don't want to sound like a gripe, but I think I am more of a mid-range hotel gal with an included breakfast.  Here are a few pictures of it.

We stayed in the Praire Ranch room.


This is down the main hall toward the breakfast area.

Here is the front.  It was originally the home of a doctor with 12 children.

Our small bathroom. (sorry, we were getting ready to leave)

Our room, on the eclectic side, again, we were getting ready to go.

Thus being said, we had a wonderful weekend!  The weather was perfect, no wind, about 65.  We loved it.  We went to Red Rock State Park and hiked a little bit.  This was the only bridge still standing after several floods over the years.  I bought a new camera with some money my parents gave me for Christmas, so I was trying out the various settings.  It has an 18x optical zoom so was trying to see how close and  clear I can get.


This is the Church of the Holy Cross, I must see in Sedona.  Don't park at the very bottom, there is more parking as the road winds up.  You do have to walk up some, but it is not a problem and well worth the look.

Here we are at one of several look outs we went to. .

 I had fun with the panorama feature on my camera this picture is actually 3 pictures you splice together as you take them.  It is super cool.  Okay, maybe you all already have this feature and are masters, but it was new to me and I thought my photos turned out beautiful. 
We also went out to Bell Rock and wandered around various little shops.  This was on the side of the road and was covered in everything.  Lots of hanging chilis of all sizes.

This is at Talaqapaque.  It is basically a shopping area built to look like an old Spanish Mission.  Sterling had never been there, so we looked in several shops.  We like to look at the art and statues.

(okay, again trying my zoom with a basket of shells)

This is a view from the airport up on the mesa.  We ate at various places; we did find a bagel place we really liked.  It was so nice to get away from the distractions and discuss our plans and goals for the year.  Sedona is really a beautiful place and I highly recommend it if you need a little time away to relax and soak in the beauty God has provided for us.

2 comments:

Erin said...

What a fun getaway!

Diana said...

What a fun trip. Love the pictures, too.