Sunday, January 30, 2011

Creative Juices

I have been busy over the past several months finishing a few projects.  It is always so nice to finish something. One always feels a sense of accomplishment.  I tend to be a great starter, but don't always finish.  So, I will "toot my own horn" for a few minutes and show you some things I am proud of making.

 
I made 3 sets of these. (bunny still needs silk flowers glued to the green part, like "flowers in her hare") (Ha, ha, couldn't resist!) I gave two away for Christmas and kept one for myself.  They were actually fairly easy, but 3 was time consuming.  I paint on Wednesday nights with a few good friends.  We have fun working, chatting and eating popcorn and chocolate. 


I also made these after I finished the other.  The lettering is vinyl.  They are Pres. Hinckley's Be's.   I thought they turned out cute.  I made an extra set for my sister-in-law too.



We are doing cards differet this year in our group; one person does all of them each month and tries to use as much stuff cut from the same paper set to create them.  It was a bit of a challenge and I realized I'm not the greatest at embelishments, kind of a plain jane.  But, that is okay, I still liked them and everyone seemed happy.  I liked trying to use up as much of the paper choice as possible, trying to figure out a way to use the extra. 




Of course the quilt for Brendon.  It looks so nice on his bed and with the bright orange sheets my dad gave him, it is very loud, but in a good way.  I have another I'm working on and hope to finish soon, but no sneak peek just yet.

I guess I never told you that while working on Brendon's quilt, I decided I had to get a better machine if I planned to do any decent machine quilting.  I began looking at ebay and Craigslist and.....well I found one on Craigslist in Tucson.  I talked to the woman on the phone, went to Sally's fabric to see if it was a good deal, then drove down and bought it.  I got it in November.  It is awesome!  Cuts thru that machine quilting like 'buda'. 

It is a Pfaff and the one at Sally's, on sale was $1500.  I got this one for less than half that price.  The lady had 5 sewing machines!  She had bought this one to try quilting, decided she liked it so got a bigger one.  She only sewed about 20 hours on this machine.  It was an early Christmas present.



Coming soon:  Our trip to Sedona:)

1 comment:

Michelle Tweedy said...

Paula, thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm glad to have found yours now! You have great projects on here. And I love that we are both LDS. Have a great weekend. I will be checking out your blog!