REDUCE.
1. Reduce my foot print on this planet. Yes, I was green long before is was the 'thing' to be. Way back in the '80's there was a push to be more responsible, and so it began with me. I reuse and recycle a lot already, but am going to work on our energy use and the amount of trash we have, look more carefully at how things are packaged and choose the one that has less non recyclable waste.
*(Maybe I can get Sterling to actually buy eggs in cardboard, not styrofoam.)
2. Reduce my idle time. Less TV, less computer, more finishing projects, more being outside, more useful time activities. More time to study the scriptures, my primary lesson, the rs lesson, read a good book.
3. Reduce my quilt stash. Yes, I'm going to make some quilts out of them. I have plenty of fabric and the goal is to buy as little as possible to make some cute quilts and try some new patterns.
4. Reduce myself. This one is kinda personal. Let's just say, I have a plan and it is not some quick shots or pills or surgery or grapefruit for a week, that only last for a while and one is miserable in the process.
5. Reduce the 'stuff''. You know what I mean. I have been on a jag lately to declutter and reorganize my home. It is not super cluttered to begin with, but I've decide to get rid of things that I don't really like or use.
6. Reduce the spending. Again, I don't spend a lot, it kinda goes in waves. Asking myself, do I really need that? I have a mini goal here that I actually began in November. I read an article about a women who decided not to buy any new clothes for 1 year. Again, I usually go in waves with this and will decide I want something new, so I get a few things. Not this year. This year I am going to 'make' things (yes, I have stashed fabric for clothing too, things I bought to make and never did) or I'm going to 'remake' or do without. I have a few exceptions: underclothes and I will most likely need a new pair of tennis shoes. I'm doing very well so far.
*Now, if you see me in something I've never worn; I either already had it and never have worn it or I made it:)
So that's the word, that's my plan. What's yours?
7 comments:
I'm 100 fascinated and fully support and endorse this post.
my word(s)...
pay attention. I'm always in a sidetracked and distracted state of mind and say or agree to things I have no recollection of. because I'm auto-piloting while my mind is flying around.
I loved the post, too! I am intrigued by your idea of not buying clothes for a year! I can't wait to hear how that goes. Someday I'm going to challenge myself to that. Even if I did a year without buying shoes... I could probably go 5 years honestly.
I ADORE YOU! "reduce" I LOVE IT. Speaks to me on every level you've mentioned.
My words -
be present. It's something I still need to learn about but in doing we sometimes learn best, eh? The jist is "living deliberately," honoring the "holy present," seizing the day and all that jazz.
I love your post. Thank you.
Loved the post! I love this idea and am going to try it this year. My word -- love. I'll do a post on it -- sometime! :)
That is a fabulous word, and what an inspiring post! Thanks for sharing.
Love your word and your thoughtful post. It's amazing how empowering just one little word can be. I'm loving your clothing challenge and can't wait to see the quilts.
Hello SIS! I loved your blog--especially your new years resolution word. What an inspired idea. And by the way you inspire me on so many levels. Sure love ya! Annabel
Post a Comment