Thursday, April 28, 2011

Candy is almost gone

The Easter candy is almost all gone, thank goodness.  This year's hunt was more of a race then a hunt.  Kevra was a sport and supported the activity.  Jordon said he would hunt 3 more years, we shall see. 

 I remember going to Zion for an Easter picnic most years when I was growing up.  We have never done much because it is usually before April 15th and Sterling is usually very busy.  I have fond memories of playing with cousins and hunting eggs.  The Easter bunny always managed to come while we were out for a 'walk'. 

Jessica brought Shad over after they went to the res and he hunted a few eggs in the park.  He was a trooper, trapsing up and down the hill.  I gave him 'Pat the Bunny".  Does anyone know that book?  Probably the first touch and feel book ever.  My kids loved it and we went thru more then one copy.  I also found a cute Elmo book with a puppet built in.  He LOVES Elmo, so I could not skip it.  Trevor has been gone for 10 days or so and they are doing well, though I'm sure Jessica is tired by the end of the day. 

I have been doing a class with the district to become a teacher for teachers.  The way the state does their standards for education is changing and I am training to become a teacher of the new common core math standards.  Is it new?  Well, yes.  It is a push it help kids learn to think and explore, for a deeper understanding of why not just get an answer. 

Brendon has a little over a week left of school.  He is ready to be done.  He and Kevra are looking for jobs.  If you have anything, let us know. 

Jordon is playing baseball and was the mc at the school 'talent' show Tuesday night.  I use that term loosely, there was some talent but some, oh my, not sure how they got picked.  Jordon was hilarious.  He had a partner and they told silly jokes between acts.  He had great timing and a silly, sarcastic laugh: delightful.

Kevra is finishing up softball.  They are playing in the playoffs this Saturday.  She got to pitch last night and it was fun to watch her.  I have been working on her dress for prom.  They go to the "Mormon Prom".  It is put on by a group of parents in the east valley and apparently they invite all the kids in the east valley to come.  It is cheaper then the school one, music and dancing are more wholesome, dress is modest.  I thought it was weird when I first heard about it, but I think it is a great idea.  I know about the school dances, I have first hand experience; the dancing is gross.  She is going with a boy from the other Stake.  She is excited.  Hope the dress turns out.

No comments: