Apparently today is blogger catch-up day and I was not informed, though I seem to have slid in under the wire (and it isn't even midnight, how unlike me) The picture is my parent's plum tree in Payson. Lovely.
We went to dinner on Friday with Trevor and Jessica, took pictures with the whole family on Saturday (looking forward to see if any got Shad smiling and in focus), went to their ward to hear them speak and Trevor sing. All did a nice job. Jessica told a little about them and got a little choked up when she said that Trevor would be leaving for the Navy in a week. Tears sprang to my eyes too and I realized how hard I have been trying to be okay with it; and I am okay with them going, but I am also not okay with it.
The one certainty in life is change. Everything changes; jobs change, homes change, hairstyles change, kids grow up, we grow older. I want him to go, but I know it will be hard for Jessica and Shad and us. Hopefully the time will pass swiftly for them to be together. I'm not sure Trevor knows it will be hard for him too. He seems so confident and stoic. I, have a whole mix of emotions. It has made me think about how my mother must have felt as I moved away to college and then marriage. Funny how you never think about those things until you are a parent yourself and get to have those feelings and experiences yourself.
3 comments:
Trevor is going to be a Navy pilot? Wow! Good for him - I had no idea. The Navy's paying for Joel's schooling right now - we're hoping to get stationed in Florida or San Diego next year when he graduates.
The time away from him isn't easy, but it's so rewarding to make a sacrifice for someone you love.
The plum blossoms are beautiful. Best wishes to Trevor! Sometimes I wish that I could just pick and choose what to change and what to stay the same myself. I have the feeling that I wouldn't make the wisest choices. Good thing our lives are in a knowing and loving Heavenly Father's hands.
Good luck!
BTW...my mom called the other night to say she spoke with Pres. Washburn (her HT...and Trevor's new Branch president). She was happy to hear that Trevor already called and spoke to him this past week or so. He said he looks foward to meeting him, the next week (as they usually don't get the first Sunday off).
If you need anything, let me know. My parents are literally a matter of 5 min. away from this Navy base.
Post a Comment