Sunday, April 3, 2011

Snickerdoodle French Toast and other sweet things

This is what we had for breakfast.  I thought it was really yummy.  It is called Snickerdoodle French Toast.  I found the recipe online and modified it a bit. It was not as sweet as I was expecting it to be.  The bacon and oranges probably helped.  It got a thumbs up all around and 2 thumbs up from Jordon.  Here it is:


Snickerdoodle French Toast
1 cup milk
3 eggs, beaten
2 T. Sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 t. cinnamon
4 cups cinnamon/sugar cereal, crushed fairly fine
12 slices french bread
Whisk together first 5 ingredients. Grease a sheet cake pan or large cookie sheet.  Dip bread into egg mixture and then press into crumbs, both sides, lay on cookie sheet.  When done, cover with foil and freeze overnight.  In the morning, remove the foil, bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes, turning once with tongs.  Serve immediately with warm syrup.  


We ate and watched conference.  Some wonderful talks: Elder Cook, Elder Holland, Bishop Burton, Bro. Robbins, Pres. Monson, to name a few.




Last night I snapped this picture before they headed off to Priesthood.  All four going together, what a handsome group.  Don't know when they will all be together again.  They went to the meeting then out to eat after.  I thought it was an important moment in time.


Jordon was in a play at school.  It was his 6th grade class.  They have been studying Greek Mythology and his teacher had written it.  Jordon was Apollo.  He did a great job and they all seemed to be  having lots of fun putting on the play.

The bishopric and several leaders and young men came over last Sunday evening to ordain Jordon to be a deacon.  Here he is with his cronies, having a brownie.  He already went camping, so is getting settled in.  He is excited.

Trevor, Jessica and Shad came over for dinner.  We enjoyed having them come and hang out for a little while.  Shad decided he liked Jordon's old Bear, Bob.  Jessica snapped the picture, she did a great job.  Mine are always blurry cuz he never stops moving. 



3 comments:

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

I like your blog. I can't wait to try this. Thanks....Daniel

Erin said...

What a neat entry! I loved everything about it. Still can't believe Jordon is 12! What a great picture of all your boys! :)

Janalee said...

wow. that will be Art and our boys in 9 years. I'd better hold onto my hat.