Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Birthday and Softball

We had a good time in Payson watching the Mustangs play.  We saw 4 of the 6 games.  Kevra missed the first one, she and Jordon were both throwing up on Thursday night, so we took her up a little late on Friday.  She felt better, but not 100%.  They lost the first one, then won the next 3, lost the 5th, won the 6th.  They came in 3rd overall.  Kevra got to pitch all of the 3rd game and some of the 6th.  She had a good time and I think overall, they felt good about the weekend.  Here are a few pictures. 








We also did a little more celebrating for Jordon, since he turned 12 on the 19th.  My mom made him a cake and we opened a few more gifts.  He had 3  days of birthday; 1. at his party, 2. Thursday - one gift from us and from Kevra and Brendon, 3. At Grandma and Grandpa's.  When he got there Friday, he had a terrible fever (remember he was in the bathroom most of Thursday night)  We fed him a little and got some meds into him and sent him to bed.  He was like a new man Saturday morning.  My parents took him to breakfast and he went to all the games with us.  He was a little trooper, not exactly what you want to do on your birthday, but he was very good about it.


He got ordained Sunday evening.  When they presented him in church last week, my mind raced back to 12 years prior, when we had just moved into our ward and he was getting blessed. As I sat there, it was hard not to tear up as I took a speedy trip down memory lane.  All the little and big moments of his life so far, flashing before me.   I know I sound like a broken record, but it has gone so fast.  You see, Jordon was meant to be in our family.  After I had Kevra, like within a year, I started having this dream.  It was of me holding a baby up in front of me.  I could see my face, but only the back of the baby.  I knew it was my baby and I knew it was a boy, because he was in a light blue sleeper.  I had the same dream many times over the next year.  However, I could not get pregnant.  After almost 5 years, I started to give up hope that he would ever join us.  I had given away or sold every baby thing we had except the crib.  Finally, that May we sold the crib.  In July, I found out I was prego.  When we went for the first ultra sound, she asked if I wanted to know what it was;  I already knew.  It was boy.  Our lives have been blessed forever.

No comments: