We've had a very good break, so far.
We began last Saturday with a very full day. Jordon's favorite cousins came into town and stayed 2 nights at our house. Of course, I was super happy to see Heather, one of my most favorite people, and her better half, John. They came for our nephew's wedding. Seth and his now wife, Jaimee, were married that morning. It was sooooo busy at the temple. Sitting in the temple, I was struck by how important family is. How thankful I was for my own 2 oldest that could come and for Sterling's family, who have always set such a great example. I love the temple. Jaimee's dress was so beautiful, she looked radiant and Seth was so sweet and teary in the sealing. I'm so happy for them.
We went to the church for the traditional after luncheon. Yummy pulled pork sandwiches and potato salad. Linda is the queen of potato salad, which may not sound like much of a title, but from my perspective, nobody makes it better.
At 4pm, we had 8 boys over for Jordon's birthday party. I took them to Stratum to play lasar tag. He is turning 12 and has not had a party for several years, I figured it would be one of the last. They had a BLAST. If you have never been, which I hadn't, it is loud and busy. We didn't get a party package, just a couple of games and then home for cake and gifts. He was very happy. After, he went to baseball practice and we went to the reception. It was outside in a neighbors back yard, really nice night. Eva, one of the niece in laws who is a chef, did all the food and it was yummy. They had a note by each thing telling what it was and why they picked it; memory, first date, first cooking together, etc... it was fun. Eva, loved the reuben things, the bagel things, and carrot cake, oh and chocolate dipped strawberries, yummo.
Monday I went to lunch with Brendon. He had given me a lunch out with him for my birthday, so we finally went. We went to Fatburger. It was good, a little greasy, but good. I enjoyed being with him. He is doing well in school, but loving a little time off.
Tuesday Kevra took the van and some friends and went hiking up by Strawberry. They had a good time, even if things did not go exactly as planned. I stayed home all day and cleaned, there were some things I needed to get done. My parents and brother and wife are in town for spring training games. They came over for dinner. We ate on the patio, it was really nice out. We played aw heck and laughed and giggled.
Wednesday I went to lunch with Angela for VT. She is such a sweet person, we got all caught up on our families, hardly talked about work, so that was good too. I ran a few errands after, mostly looking for birthday presents (Jordon's day is the 19th). It was nice to get a little time to myself.
Thursday, today, I went to school. I know, but there were some things that had to get done. I spent all morning there, but didn't quite finish. There is always Monday.
Friday, tomorrow, we are headed to Payson for a softball tournament. Hope to see Kevra play. It should be nice weather, hope it is not windy. Last year, it was freezing! I'm taking my hat and gloves, just in case:)
I have tried really hard to do the things that I want to do this week. Some years, I feel like my week gets swallowed up in everyone else's activities. I didn't sew or quilt or plant, which is something I really want to do. We'll see. Did you do anything memorable for the break?
2 comments:
Wow, now that the wedding and Andrew's party are over, I am just happy to spend lazy days at the park and home watching movies.
It was wonderful to see you and your family in the temple and during the festivities for Seth's wedding. It was a beautiful day. What a blessing to have so many family members near. We're still eating wedding leftovers (yum!).
Jordon looked like he had a fun party. Mike and I love playing laser tag and have gone in the past for his birthday, too. Enjoy your last few days of spring break!
Too much! The kids and I are exhausted. Can't wait for next week and the regular schedule of things.
Post a Comment