Saturday, August 20, 2011

Aloha Hawaii

Us at his graduation in June.
Since aloha means hello and goodbye, this time it means goodbye...to Hawaii.  Trevor and Jessica are no longer headed to Hawaii.  Try to remember the Navy is a government operation.  They had a contradiction between his orders and the regulations.  His orders said they would send his family, regulations said only him (because of his rank). After several days and levels of authority, it came down to only he would be going, so they declined and took their second option.....San Diego.  While I am disappointed I won't be headed to the sandy beaches of Hawaii next summer, I am delighted I will beable to see them more often and we LOVE San Diego.  We are all still waiting for his return to the valley, apparently they have to send his new orders to him and, well, again, it is a govenment operation.  All he can do is hang out and wait.  We hope to see his handsome face this week.


We have had so much fun having Shad over to swim and eat dinner each week.  It is not much, but hopefully gives Jessica a break for a few hours.  We have our routine down and he is very comfortable in the water.


He also loves to watch Toy Story.  He watches a little then runs around playing.  Sterling said," let's just turn it off, he isn't watching."  So, he did.  Shad comes running saying "Buzz?" and giving 'ampa' the look of 'hey, I was watching that'.  He settled  onto  Jordon's lap to watch the end.  We will miss sweet moments like that.  We will still have them, just not so often.     




No comments: