Thursday, August 11, 2011

Welcome Back...

Well, another successful start to the school year. 

Jordon is a 7th grader and managed to not miss the bus, find all his classes and sit with friends at lunch.  He was a little nervous for the start of school and transition to middle school.  We went Tuesday when they passed out schedules and we walked his, so he would know where to be.  He said hi to a dozen other kids and all that seemed to ease his anxiety.  I got  home before him today.  My goal is to be home before him most days.  I get done earlier so can do that everyday except Wednesday.  It may sound like a silly thing, but I have never been home to greet him cuz he always got out before me, and that has always bothered me. 

Kevra is a big, bad Senior this year.  Hardly seems possible.  I can't even think about her going off to college next year, it makes me tear up.  She had a good first day and is excited about her classes.  She got her new curling iron to work, which totally made her day.  Nothing like a good hair day on the first day of school, and I KNOW you know what I mean.  She liked all her teachers and is glad to get back to working out in pe/softball as they get in shape for the coming season. 

My classes are going to  be good, once I whip them into shape (not literally, just figurativly).  I still don't feel like I'm back, it kinda sneeked up on me and BAM there I was getting up early, making lesson plans and rushing off to work.  I have some projects at home I need to finish up, so need to get the momentum to do them.  I am a big procrastinator.  I think it is when I'm not exactly sure how to do something, I put off doing it.


Jessica and Shad came over Sunday and we celebrated her birthday.  Shad was so cute singing Happy Birthday and helping her blow out the candles.  He blew a few out early so we had to relight.  He sang parts of the song off and on for the next half hour.  I know the one is a little blurry, but I still liked it.  Happy Birthday Jessica!  We are so thankful for you in our family and appreciate the effort you have made to let us spend time with Shad.  We are excited for your Hawaiian adventure and will miss you all terribly. 

1 comment:

Diana said...

Oh happy back to school time! We had two great first days at our house as well. I can't believe that Kevra is a senior!!! Hooray for good hair days. I remember how much better the first day went when my hair cooperated (as a student and teacher). Hope your year is great.