| bridge in a park at Evanston, Ill |
I have to go back to work on Thursday.
I'm not really sad about it.
Working outside the home is now a part of my life.
I have to admit... I do like it.
What other profession gives you 15 weeks of vacation a year?
Granted, I don't make as much as Sterling and never will, but I love what I do.
I'm good at it.
I like the structure that my job affords, I like working wtih the kids and I love June and July.
My whole life has been measured in semesters.
The year does not run from January to December, like it does for most people.
My year runs from August to May.
June and July are freebie months... so I guess they don't count at all.
My parents were teachers too, so even as a child, my life revolved around school, in every way.
| "whimming pool?" |
I did not finish a single quilt, though I did get closer to done.
I did not finish the fireplace, though I did get started by removing the existing brick and mantle.
I did read 2 books and am working on a third.
I did clean the house from ceiling to floor.
I did get to spend a little time with my sweet grandson.
I did get to escape the heat for a few days in June and July. I think that helps me so much to be able to cope with the rest of the hot summer. Colorado and Chicago were both terrific get aways.
Did I spend enough time with my kids?
Quantity? Yes.
Quality? Not so sure, but I can't have a 'do over' so will just have to be satisfied.
| I love flowers. These are in Chicogo at the temple. |
As the days click by to return,
you would think I would want to try harder, to move faster and finish things up...nope.
I tend to freeze, wanting to languish in those final days of leisure.
I have spent the summer sleeping in and staying up late,
only doing those things that I really wanted to do.
It has been divine respite from the busy, exhausting days at work.
So, farewell summer, I will joyfully return to you next May, ready for another round of blissful relaxation, adventures in travel and time to do nothing.
1 comment:
I love my summers, but I admit, I get excited to see all of the new boxes of crayons and folders in the stores. I am looking forward to more routine, but will miss the extra time with my kids. Can we just get rid of the awful heat?
Post a Comment