So, we got a call from Trevor the other night. He said he had gotten his orders (where they will be living after he is done training in September). He was very excited when he told us the USS Russell, a destroyer whose home base is Pearl Harbor Hawaii.
First reaction: HAWAII, wow we will finally get to go to Hawaii.
Second reation: Wow, Hawaii is a long way away and we will not get to see them much. Jessica's reaction is great at her blog Moments. I'm so excited for them, what a wonderful adventure, but Shad will grow so much while they are there. Thank goodness for email, cell phones and skype.
Kevra finished her dress and I did not sew any of it. She did a good job and yes some tears were shed, but she managed to get it done with a little instruction interpretation from me. I have to admit, the patterns are hard to understand what they want, sometimes. It turned out really cute and fits her well, she is happy. Now on to her other projects. Oh, she did finally get a job: The Habit burger place, soon to be open. And we went to see Cinderella at Broadway Palms. We enjoyed it. Their costume designer is amazing, the costumes are awesome.
I finished my second book (my goal was 3 for the summer) It was Star Garden by Nancy Turner, the last of 3 about Sarah Prine. I really liked it. I was sad when it ended. I like that it is based in Southern AZ, an area I know something about. She is 45 at the end of this book and dealing with how it feels as your children grow up and leave and marry. I know how she feels and could relate to her emotions. I can't imagine how hard they worked back then, just to survive. Anyway, if you liked the others, you will like this and are welcome to borrow.
Finally got the house all cleaned from tileing. Yeah! I still have some things in the garage that need to go to the pantry, but that won't be too hard. We cleaned from top to bottom, washing walls, drapes, chotchkies, furniture, carpet, etc... Too bad houses don't stay clean.. Dust! At least I don't have to work as hard to get it clean again. I rearranged the LR. I like change. My drapes shrank when I washed them, so had to re-hem them, twice (got them too short the first time...I know measure twice, hem once)
I told my Primary kids I was going to miss one more time this summer. They all squawked and balked...nice to feel loved:)

2 comments:
Hawaii!! I am jealous! When I visited there I kept saying I wanted to move there. But I don't think I could do it long term. Maybe a few years. How long will they be there?
And Kevra's dress is so cute! I love that fabric!
Hawaii! How exciting and far away... Kevra's dress turned out so cute, and I don't mind scrolling down because of the flowers, they are so cheerful! I read These is My Words, but haven't read the second or third book. I need to read them, I loved the first one so much.
Post a Comment