Monday, July 11, 2011
All-Star Reunion/ trip Part 1
No, someone famous did not show up at our small reunion. The All-Star is Jordon. He made the all-stars and played 3 games, lost 1 then won 2. He got to play catcher the whole game for the second and most of the 3rd. Unforturnately, they had the same win ratio of 2 other teams, so they went on scoring and we did not make it to the finals. He seems okay with it, he had fun and proved himself to be a valuable asset to his team. Here he is in his unform. He looks so cute. (I need to stop saying that, but he does:)
Our "reunion" was in Creede, CO. My parents lived there a few years ago. It is an absolutely beautiful place, about 9000ft high in the southern Rockies.
My family is very small, only my brother and me. We both came and our spouses and our parents. He only had one daughter come with her son and I had 3 of my kids, so we were rather small. They live in Texas and we rarely see them, so it was nice to get together. We had rented a large cabin, expecting a few more, but 4 of the grandkids did not make it. Okay, tmi.
We played games, went white water rafting on the Rio Grande. The headwaters are about 18 miles upstream from Creede. We put in just outside of town and went for 3 hours down stream. (even me, it was a lovely day, some clouds, some sun, not too scary, in fact, fairly simple, beautiful scenery, cold water),
The pictures are from my phone and I can't seem to get them to the computer. I have tried several ways, with no luck, sorry:( I didn't take the camera, they said it would get wet, but I could have taken it. We didn't get that wet.
We went to the parade (first time I've ever seen a semi in a parade, it was amusing), watched fireworks, went to the community church (no LDS one in town, a very nice service), ate; always good food at a reunion.
These flowers grow all over Creede, does anyone know what they are, we love them.
Tomorrow: Part 2, the trip home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment