Here is something I have been waiting 12 years to show you. Something that took time, effort, patience, money (no, it is not a picture of my kids, though...that description does fit).
Drum roll please......
TADA!!!!
Welcome to my new tile floored home. Ali has graciously given her services to this picture. It is sooooo nice to have the floor all the same, not concrete, yucky carpet and remnants. It is smooth and cool on the feet. Picking a pattern was tough; even harder was sticking with it. I second guessed myself all week last week as they were putting it in.: too orange, too big, what grout color?, is the pattern going to work?, blah, blah, blah....It worked out. Kevra kept reassuring me it would all be okay and it is, hurray!
I'm including a few before and after shots:
Before, lovely.
After, Nice!
Before...
After:)
Before (carpet pad after they rolled up the carpet)
After.
One more, before...
After, it is in the entry and called a tile rug. I designed it.
The guy did a great job of making it.
Worth the wait? Absolutely.
Wish I did not have to wait so long? Absolutely, but we do what we can when we can. Sometimes I think we appreciate things more when we realize the stuggle to get them. We had saved the money for last summer, but then had the van fiasco, so...there went all the money. We live in an instant society, it is good to learn to wait and work for something you really want. There... a little life lesson:)
5 comments:
Where is the "Like" button? It's beautiful. I love the entry way. It's so welcoming.
"We live in an instant society, it is good to learn to wait and work for something you really want."
Words to live by. I couldn't agree more.
BEAUTIFUL design on the tile carpet. I'm very impressed!
(I just put up pix of the finished table and chairs in case you are curious)
oooo! I love a good life lesson tied into things. If it would've been handed to you on a silver platter, you definitely wouldn't have been as pleased with it.
And I wonder if this was finished when I was over yesterday. I didn't look down at all and am usually oblivous to such things anyway. unless it's pointed out. which you just did. so I will look next friday.
Oh man I can't imagine how nice it is to walk around that brand new, smooth floor. It looks great!
I love it, especially the cool design in the entry way!
Post a Comment