School finally ended. I had a really great year. Yes, I had 2 new classes I had never taught and that was sometimes overwhelming, but my students were terrific. No behavior issues at all, an occasional hush and that was about it. It makes teaching so much more enjoyable for everyone when kids know how to act appropriately in class. We still had lots of fun, in fact, you can have more fun and do more interesting things when the class knows how to control themselves. Enough, no more school talk til August.
We are diving into summer. Jessica and Shad came over for dinner on Monday and Shad got in the pool with the boys, well, he sat on the step and loved it. So cute. We go to see Trevor graduate from boot camp next week. I know Jessica is excited, as are we. We were finishing up reservatoins last night. It will be wonderful to see him.
Brendon is working 4 days a week at Sterling's office. I think he thinks it is a little boring, but it is a job and they do keep him busy and he gets paid well. Can't complain about that. Not sure what his other plans are.
Kevra is still looking for a job. She has had a few calls, but we have been out of town when they wanted an interview and then never called back. Hopefully, something will work out. (no pun intended) She is taking cello lessons, going to CA, sewing a dress this summer.
Jordon is still playing baseball, they are in tournament. He has scout camp in a couple of weeks. I will still need to plan some activities for him. He is 12, right on the border of kid and teen, not wanting mom to do so much, but still needing me some too. His teacher this year taught him to enjoy reading, so I am hoping he will do some of that.
We are not going too much this summer, which is fine with me: Chicago to see Trevor, Creede CO for a reunion, and one camping trip. That's it. Sterling has very few days, so we use them wisely.
I have a list of things I would like to accomplish: 3 quilts to finish (they are all part way done), 3 books I want to read, exercise daily (we went walking last night, day one), learn to make good flour tortillas, get all those dr and dentist check ups done (I put those off), cleaning the house from top to bottom, go to the temple more . I don't want to plan too much, but do want to get some things done.All the pictures thru out were taken by Jana in April. We did them before Trevor left and I have not had much time to post them.
Coming soon: WE ARE GETTING NEW TILE ON THE 13th. YAHOO!!! More on that later...







3 comments:
Love all the pictures! Can't wait to see the tile.
Sounds like good things to do this summer! Love the pictures!!!
Lovely pictures! I love summer, and more relaxed days.
Post a Comment