Monday, June 20, 2011
We are sewing..
I like to sew, well, sort of. I have a hard time finding a spot to do it these days. I make such a mess, with all my stuff all over the place. I made Kevra's prom dress in April and it really turned out lovely, it fit her so well. (sorry I did not post it sooner) Tim Gunn would have been proud of me. We glued on little crystals for sparkle. The fabric was crepe back satin and the color was called platinum. It looked like liquid silver. She looked beautiful and they had a great time with the 7 other couples they went with. Her date is Bryan, don't want to leave him out.
I would like to make a new skirt. I have the fabric, but have not cut it out yet.
I have 3 quilts I want to finish this summer. They are all at various levels of done. Here is a peek at the first one I want to get done.
It is very scrappy, so does not really match at all. I'm okay with that. I am ready to put all the squares together, but am having trouble deciding where to put what. I will post the finished product in a few weeks.
Kevra has a goal to sew 2 dresses, with no help from me. Well, very little help. Keep her in your prayers, wait, maybe I should say keep ME in your prayers, as I have tried to help her several times before and it has ended with one of us in tears....Just kidding Kevra, well... sort of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha--I can totally relate about the sewing and tears! (And I'm sure my mom can, too.) I love Kevra's dress! It looks amazing!
Post a Comment