I wanted to make something sweet today so decided I would make one of my favorite pies. I got the recipe years ago, not sure where so can't credit my source, only to say, super yummy, thank you to whom ever created it.
It is great for a summer day, as there is little cooking involved. I used a graham cracker crust today so I did not have to turn on the oven. (114 today, enough said).
Arizona Supreme Citrus Pie
Crust:
1 1/3 c. flour 1 T. Lemon Juice
1/2 t. salt 3 T. ice water
1/2 c. butter shortening
This is the recipe that came with it. I usually use my own crust recipe, like I said, today I went with store bought. If you make your own, poke holes in the bottom to keep from bubbling and bake til brown 375, 10-15 minutes.
Clear filling:
1 1/2 c. sugar 4 large egg yolks
1/2 c. cornstarch 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
1 3/4 c. water 1 T. butter
Mix sugar and corn starch in sauce pan. Slowly add water, mixing as you go. Do the same with eggs and juice.
Heat over medium heat until it begins to thicken or boil, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. It should look opaque, like this.
Remove from heat and add butter, set aside to cool. May want to place a bit of wax paper over the top to prevent a skin from forming.
Fluffy filling:
1 c. whipping cream
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 6oz can lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 small box instant lemon pudding
Blend well with an electric mixer, until smooth.
In your crust, layer the fluffy then the clear.
Top with some wax paper again and refridgerate.
Dollop with a little whipping cream when ready to serve. (cool whip or redi whip work fine) Kevra said you don't need a very big piece.
1 comment:
yumm
Post a Comment