Saturday, February 4, 2012

family update

Just got home from seeing 'Brigadoon' at the dinner theatre.  It was very good.  I enjoyed all the dancing.  It is my mother's favorite musical and so we got her tickets for Christmas.  She and my dad and Jordon and I went.  It was a nice afternoon.  My dad will be 81 on Monday, still does well. 
Redlands Temple

Seems like we are just  moving along, nothing special.  The kids are all busy in school.
 
Brendon has lots of homework this semester with 3 math classes, a probability class and accounting.  I think that is about all he does.  He will squeeze in a hike or basketball too.


Kevra has softball tryouts this week, I think.  She is off getting her Senior pictures taken today.  A friend who is into photography is taking them.  The Senioritis is starting to set in....already.

Jordon is trying to keep up in school, he has some classes that give lots of homework.  They had an Eagle planning nite at YM and he got all excited to get to finish...that's a good thing.

Trevor is on kitchen duty for a little while on the ship.  Apparently, all of them have to take a turn.  I don't think he is enjoying it, but in true Trevor fashion, he is not complaining.  Jessica signed Shad up for some parks and rec type classes and he is lovin it.  They are enjoying Southern California and all it has to offer. 

I am glad January is over, it was a rough month for me.  I am much better, still coughing, but almost well.  Thank you for all the well wishes.  I strained some ligaments or tendons...something, in my foot so have been hobbling on that, but it is getting better too.  I am trying to stay positive at work, though it is not easy with all the stuff they are pinning on us.  I will save that rant for another post.  February is, of course, my favorite month.  It is so beautiful here in the valley.

Sterling is gearing up for tax season; we cleaned out the den and it doesn't even look like the same  place.  He got a new copier...a new toy!  We went to Thatcher last weekend to visit his mother.  It was a nice trip, got our fill of Mexican food and candy (Joye always has plenty on hand)

That about covers it.  I'm searching for a few pictures to add, so if you see some, then you know I found some. (okay, these are from Disneyland trip in November, but they'll do)

No comments: