We went to CA to visit T,J and Sh. It was a really fun, quick trip. We took my parents, which can be an adventure, but we did really well. Everyone got along fine and the trip was great.
We got there Friday night after driving thru a horrible wind storm. I was driving and clutching the wheel so hard to stay on the road.
Saturday, we went to Balboa Park to the Model train museum. It was a hit for ages 2-81 (that was our age span) If you have never been, they have lots of exhibits to watch race around the track. Shad loved it and would wait patiently for the next one to come around the track. My dad is a huge train fan, so he was in heaven.
We also let Shad play in the park. Note to self: when traveling with 2, 80 year olds, you don't do much walking. I figured we could look at the gardens some other time. I did catch an exotice plant show and took a few pictures, you know I just can't resist a pretty flower. The weather was just beautiful. After a late lunch, we headed back to the house. Naps for some, wii for others. We played games that night.
| what is it with guys and video games? |
Sunday we were off to church. They have a very friendly ward, we felt right at home. After lunch, we went back to town to the Mormon Battilion Museum. They have updated it and it was a fun place to go. I learned a few things I did not know, in a very creative way. We drove around to show Mom and Dad a few sites, then went back to T & J's for a yummy dinner. My nephew Tim had been in Hawaii and was staying 2 days with Trevor before he headed home to TX. It was so nice to see him. He and Trevor are the same age so spent may years together at cousins. We played games again after Shad went to bed.
| westward ho' |
| Jordon was chosen to be decked out as a soldier. |
| panning for gold |
1 comment:
Parker would love a model train museum. We're gonna have to go there next time we go to San Diego. Looks like fun!
Post a Comment