| I bought these pretty flowers at Costco. Happy Easter to me! |
We have enjoyed another busy month. Since my last post, we celebrated Jordon's 14th birthday. This also means we have lived here for 14 years cuz we moved one month after Jordon was born.
He is a fun kid and we enjoy him so much. Oh, it is not all a picnic, but I love spending time with him. He is a kind, thoughtful young man who is now almost as tall as me.
We got him the much coveted cell phone for his gift. He was so excited and has had so much fun using it. He is doing "High School Musical, Jr" for the school play and he has a good part. If you want to go, it is the end of April and I think will be pretty cute. Shayla from our ward is also in it.
We went to see a spring training game while Kevra was home. It was the Rockies and Reds? I honestly just go for the fun of being with the family. I really liked the staduim. The seats were comfortable for my larger bum (sorry, no a delicate way to put that). It was a beautiful evening. We had Kevra home for a week and that was so wonderful. She did a lot of sleeping. I think she just enjoyed not having anything she had to do and getting rejuvenated for the rest of the semester.
Trevor went out for a week on another ship to practice what he does. He said it was nice to go on another ship cuz he had not other duties so got to catch up on his sleeping. Shad goes in for another, hopefully his last, round of chemo next week. He has been pushed back a couple of times, waiting for his counts to be up. He no longer has his back brace or his tubey in his bladder. They are working on potty training him, again. He was trained before all this began. We continue to thank the Lord for his blessing of Shadrach.
| How does Brendon know the perfect moment to look away? |
We had a quiet Easter. No dyeing, no hunting, very small baskets. We did not get together with family and I found out that too late to get together with friends. Our choir sounded awesome. We have such a terrific director and pianist. I have had a hard time getting there with my schedule, illness and travel. I do miss it when I can't go.
Sterling is eyeball deep in taxes. People are slow to send them this year, which makes lots of last minute work for him. He gets so tired by the end. We signed a contract to get our shower redone, Hallelujah! I have to say it is aweful and has been completely out of commission for a month. We got a couple of quotes and feel good about the one we went with. It will be completely remodeled by the end of April, so don't think I am weird when I ask if you want to see my shower. I will have to show it off...it is going to cost enough, I need to get my money's worth. It is a good investment in our home, so money well spent.
1 comment:
So excited for your bathroom remodel! Cannot wait until ours is done!
Post a Comment