Friday, May 3, 2013

splish, splash, I was takin' a .....shower!

Finally.  14 years in the making, we have a new shower in our bathroom!
This is the before. I didn't want to give away the surprise.

Let me give a short history.  Our shower was gross.  It was someone's strange idea of a 'sunken' tub (anyone in the neighborhood knows what I'm talking about)  When we moved in, some of the tiles were cracked and it has only gotten worse.  Several months ago, a drip became a run and when Sterling started to try an fix it, he noticed a crack in a part.  Took it off and down to the plumbing supply.  "They don't make that part any more; you will need to open the wall and replace the unit."  And so, we discussed it and decided to finally remodel our shower.  It was expensive, but needed to be done. (hooray for tax returns).  

Here is a daily look at the progress.  It was quick, just over a week start to finish.
Note lovely hole in the wall.
Big, ugly window... gone.
Moisture barrier.
Tile begins.
The border matches our floor border.

I love my little window that opens, wahoo.  And the doors I squeegee every day.  

I am in love.  I've moved on from being in love with my washer and dryer.  I'm fickle that way.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Beautiful!

The Higham Family said...

Wow! What a transformation- it's beautiful!

Christy said...

What a difference! That is so pretty! I have shower envy!

Linda C. said...

Wow! It is beautiful! I would be tempted to stay in there too long!

Julie said...

beautiful! I love it!