Thursday, July 25, 2013

So long...

NO, I'm not saying goodbye, just that it has been so long since I have posted, I've wondered if I should say goodbye.  My life is so busy and posting is apparently not top priority.

We have had a good summer.  We did a little traveling, and a lot of hanging out at home, trying to stay cool and heal.  I have had some issues with my knee and hip for almost 10 months (same amount of time I have been RS Pres....hmmm).  I really have needed to rest them and allow them to heal.  Kevra has been my personal trainer and we have yoga'd and Just Danced all summer long.  It has really been wonderful and I do feel so much better.  Trevor, Jessica and Shad came in May for a visit.  Brendon got engaged in July too. We went to San Diego to visit, Sterling and I went to South Carolina to spend a week with my brother and sister in law, Sterling went to San Francisco with Brendon and Trevor to see some baseball. South Carolina was warm, but not bad. Wonderful to go see a little of that part of the country.  Here are some pictures of our summer.
T, J and Sh spent some time with us the end of May.


Trevor and Jessica stopped at Grandma and Grandpa Mabry's for a night, on their way to Utah.

Grandma Joye and Shad after the funeral.

Jordon soaking wet after the 4th of July breakfast.

Brendon and Emily the night they got engaged.

Us on Helton Head Island.  Everything was so lush and beautiful...green, green, green.

We stayed at Hilton Head Island, here is some of the Atlantic coast.  I went to both oceans this summer.

We took a trolley tour in Savannah...Peggy, Mike and Sterling.

We ate lunch at the Lady and Sons, yummy. Here are the two Paula's.

One of many beautiful old homes in Savannah.

We took a boat out to Fort Sumter.  Looking out a cannon hole at the fort.

Fort Sumter, a sacred place, first shots of the Civil War.

Sterling in Fort Sumter

You know I love flowers, and these were everywhere on the trees in the south.

Atlanta Temple, we did a session, beautiful inside.
So there it is.  I did do a few crafty things.  I'll post that later.

1 comment:

Erin said...

That sounds like a full summer!