Monday, June 8, 2009

Just Desserts

So, Kevra and I are taking the month off of eating chocolate. Why? Well, we felt like we just needed a break. Now, we are still eating sugar, but you would be surprised how much less sugar you eat when you don't eat chocolate and how many treats there are using chocolate. I got a recipe off Paula Deen's site today for Strawberry Cake I think I am going to try, sounds so summery.

So I'm asking 2 questions, hoping for a few responses:
1. What is your favorite dessert (cake, pie, cookies, etc...) that does not have any chocolate in it? (I'm still thinking)
2. What is your favorite dessert with chocolate? (mine is brownies, no thought necessary)

Share, don't be shy.

8 comments:

Janalee said...

1)lemon bars, snickerdoodles, coconut cream pie, ETC ETC & ETC

2)no-bake cookies, fudge, basically anything.

Marie said...

1. Yesterday, we made "summer fresh fruit pie" It was really good. The recipe is here:http://www.zonya.com/pdf/recipes/Simple_Summer_Fruit_Pie.pdf

2. Moose Tracks Ice Cream, brownies, fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies, basically anything with chocolate is good.

Diana said...

I found a version of Applebee's Walnut Brownie Sundae online. It's a blondie brownie with walnuts and a maple-butter sauce. Heaven, without chocolate (if that's possible...) Let me know if you want the recipe. I also love a good fruit cobbler with ice cream.

I also love brownies, especially turtle brownies and mint brownies (the best mint brownie recipe is posted on my blog).

Good luck with the chocolate purge!

spice2116 said...

i love the blondie brownie from applebees!!!!

chocolate would have to be cookies, oreos, as long as there is milk around

good luck on your venture your venture you can sooooo do it

Linda C. said...

1)lemon bars are good and white texas sheet cake (almond flavored)
2)Wow! where to start, mint brownies are good, See's candy, symphony bars, hand dipped ice cream bar from Costco!!
Diana, I need that recipe!!

XO said...

key lime pie. hands down. Or lemon cookies you make out of lemon cake-mix (SOOOO good - want the recipe?)

chocolate? yes please.

XO said...

Lemon Crackles

1 pkg. lemon food cake mix

2 eggs slightly beaten

1 T. water

1/3 cup canola oil

confectioners sugar (a.k.a. powdered sugar)

Combine cake mix, eggs, water and oil. Mix with spoon until well blended. Refrigerate for a couple of hours, or overnight, if possible as that makes shaping easier. Shape into balls and roll in confectioners sugar. Bake at 350ยบ for 8 to 10 minutes.

XO said...

Basically regular cake-mix cookies - I just really like how easy they are.