Got to church late so had to sit in the back. It is so entertaining in the back. Our thanks to the Turleys and Guthries. Hunter was flirting with Julie and it was so cute to watch. Kevra said "I need to sit closer so I will pay attention." I fried chicken for dinner. Hardly ever do that, it is such a mess to make and clean up, but it is yummy.
Monday:
I've been going to water aerobics M-Th mornings. It is outside and I have really liked it. I think I am the young
est one there, but not by much. We put Kevra's cat to sleep. She had been ill for about 3 months. She would get better, then worse. We had been to the vet several times, but after the last time, she really went down hill. Kevra held her until they needed to lay Angel down. She cried some, but has really done okay. It is hard to lose a pet. I still tear up when I think about my dog I put to sleep years ago. They are just pets, but they are part of the family too. Angel was a really good cat, never bit or scratched, very easy going, except if she was hungry, then meow, meow, meow...
est one there, but not by much. We put Kevra's cat to sleep. She had been ill for about 3 months. She would get better, then worse. We had been to the vet several times, but after the last time, she really went down hill. Kevra held her until they needed to lay Angel down. She cried some, but has really done okay. It is hard to lose a pet. I still tear up when I think about my dog I put to sleep years ago. They are just pets, but they are part of the family too. Angel was a really good cat, never bit or scratched, very easy going, except if she was hungry, then meow, meow, meow...Tuesday:
Today was transfer day for Brendon. He has had a challenging last transfer with a very sick companion. They would spend 3 or 4 days in most of the day each week. They went to the doctor several times. Brendon was trying to be patient and helpful, but was going crazy after several weeks. You can only study the scriptures so long or clean the apartment. They finally sent the elder home on the 5th and Brendon spent the rest of the transfer with the ZL's. He said it was sad to see his comp leave, but the best thing for his health. I am really proud of him and how he dealt with the situation. They got 18 new missionaries this transfer and he got a greenie. I am teaching a quilting class at church. It was fun and makes
me want to get my stuff out and finish a few projects. Here is a sneek peek of my latest creatioin. I will show you the whole thing when it is done. I still need to put the borders on and bind it. I love quilting. Jordon went to Kaju and still can't decide if he likes it. I think he does. It is nice that he has some kids he knows and good to do something totally different then other sports he has done.
Wednesday:
We took Sterling out for Father's day Breakfast. (yes, I know we are a little early, but it was the only day we had and we got the element of surprise) The kids blindfolded him and we took him out to Joe's Farm Grill. It is out on Higley/Ray. It was in the Diners, Drive-ins and dives. Not at all what I expected, but very good food and we even ate outside cuz the weather has been so great. I had card group come over in the evening. We all made Father's day cards. I thought all t
hree were cute, very different from each other. (I already gave one away to my dad, it was the shape of cowboy boot, very cute, so this was Judy's from last month, loved it.) It is nice to get together and just chat and create. We are looking for a couple more people if anyone is interested. We usually meet on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, but are flexible.
Thursday:
Tonight we had enrichment night. It went very well and was just the right amount of time; it was about an hour and then they ate and visited for about 1/2 hour. It was on cooking and we had 5 different ladies talk about a dish and submit recipes. There were lots of yummy treats and everyone went home with new recipes to try. I am excited to marinade and grill some chicken and try out some new salads and desserts. Thanks ladies for the great recipes.
Friday:
Sterling and Kevra left to go backpacking this morning early. It is the 4th year hike and Kevra was so excited. She was cute getting all her stuff ready and trying on her pack for size and weight. Hope they don't get wet, it is supposed to rain. My parents came down to pick up my brother and wife from the airport and take them back to Payson. Their flight was delayed so we went shopping and out to lunch. It was a good little visit. Jordon and I are going to the movie later. I think we are going to see 'Night at the Museum'.
Saturday:
Jordon and I went to see the movie and it was cute, not as good as the 1st one, but enjoyable. Shannon and I had a VT brunch at her house for our sisters, Diane A. and Alexis L. It was nice to get together and chat to get to know each other better. Sometimes I feel bad for Alexis stuck with us older ladies, but she takes it all in stride and seems to not be too bored with us. I love the visiting teaching program that encourages us to get to know each other and help out when we can.
2 comments:
I love getting together and doing cards. Sometimes I feel so out of touch with people, and it's great to visit! I just love coming to your house. I love visiting! It's so fun! Plus, it was really cute watching Jordon try to be part of the conversation. Just cute! :)
I know, Hunter and Julie flirting already! It was funny.
I don't know how Alexis feels, but I stayed in my home ward until I got married. I learned so much from the "older" ladies and I loved it. I think everyone is young at heart, just some of us have more experience than others.
Post a Comment