Monday, September 5, 2011

A smattering

Is that a word?  I'm not so sure, but I don't have much to say.  Not a good way to start, really puts off the reader.  Here goes:

Shad's favorite smile.

Trevor and Jessica and Shad found a house in California.  She posted a cute blog on the process here.  He leaves on Sunday and they will follow a week later.  I'm really excited for them.  They were over to swim and eat tonight.  We have to get in our fill of them before they go.

I had the flu all day Saturday and felt a little better, but not well, on Sunday.  It was a bummer.  We had driven to Payson to help my parents with some projects and about mid morning I went to lay down cuz I didn't feel so well.  I had horrible chills before I broke into a fever.  By 4pm, we decided to come home.  Sterling did get his stuff done with  my dad, so he was very grateful.  I'm better now, not 100%, but better.  What a great way to spend my 3 day weekend.  Yes, I will go to work (task master!)

I quilted a quilt Friday and today.  It really looks great.  I'm going to bind it as soon as I'm done visiting with you:)  It turned out so great.  I'm so proud of myself.  I did it on the machine.  I'm still working on keeping my stitch length even.  It is not as easy as it sounds.  I got a pattern for the back that I used as my pattern for quilting.  I'll take some pictures when it is done and show you what I mean.

Jordon is making lunches this week.  It is his first time in the rotation (we take a week at a time).  I will  supervise, I'm good at that. 

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Love the picture of Shad. Thanks for letting us come over tonight. We had a great time!

Erin said...

Sorry to hear that you've been sick. I think it's going around!