Thursday, November 17, 2011

Another book



More fall offering.
I know, shocking as it may seem, I finished another book and really liked this one.  It is called "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet".  It is set in 1942 and 1986.  It is about the Japanese internment camps and how it affects a young couple when she gets sent away.  I won't give any more away.  It was a really good story and an easy read.

A funny thing:  I had seen this book at a bookstore in Seattle last fall, but it was hardback and I was too cheap to buy it, so kind of forgot about it.  Fast forward one year later and we are in a B & N in San Diego with T &  J and I think about that book, but can't remember the title or the author.  So, I ask the clerk if he can find a book.  He asked what it was about, I said Chinese and Japanese immigrants.  He types it in the computer.  It spits out several titles and I recognize it by the title and cover picture (now in paperback).  Technology... gotta love it.  I'm sending it to my mom first, but when she is done, you can borrow, if you would like.

No comments: