If you are looking for something cool to do in the heat of the summer, read on:
1. We went to see the new Harry Potter on Monday. It was really good, but was more like a bridge movie to set you up for the final installment. It was not violent, but I thought it was dark and kinda scary so may not be appropriate for little guys. I want to read some of the books. I read the first 3 then stopped. As you know, I am not much of a reader.
2. Jordon and I went to see High School Musical at the Broadway Palms Dinner Theatre on Thursday. Have you ever been? It is on Higley and Brown Rd. This is the 4th production I have been to and I have never been dissappointed. (Well, when we saw Oklahoma the lead male had strep or laringitis or something, so was not too good) We took my folks to see My Fair Lady and it was great and Kevra and I went to see Camelot and it was too. It is very professionally done and the singing and dancing are terrific. The dinner is buffet and good, not great, but good. Jordon has enjoyed the 3 HSM movies, so I thought he would like it. He loved it! Best thing of all, he was free. This is the last week of the show and kids 12 and under are free with a paying adult. (If you go, take your camera, they have a display your kid can stand in and take their picture like they are part of the show.)
3. Saturday, Trevor and Jessica took us out for dinner and a show. We went to Cafe Laguna on Power for Navajo Tacos and they were very good. The fry bread was excellent. Then, we drove over to Scottsdale to JesterZ. It is a comedy improve group that is run by a couple of LDS guys, so the comedy is clean. It is kinda like that show Whose Line is it Anyway? . They were great and we laughed and laughed. (They also came to youth conference, for those who went to that activity.) It was $12, but we got coupons for $2 off. They only perform on Friday and Saturday nites and you need to call and reserve a spot. They were sold out when we went. If laughter is the best medicine, we were cured.
2 comments:
yay for clean comedy! that sounds like a lot of fun, we'll definitely check it out when we get back into town.
BTW - I would have NEVER thought that you aren't much of a reader. I don't know why, but you seem like the reader-type to me.
Art took the 5 oldest to see HP this morning (still not back yet). I said, "Paula said it's not for the young". and Art said, "Oh they'll be fine..."
I want to try that theatre! the kids would die to see HSM. just die.
Post a Comment