Yesterday, I took the day off. I left in the morning and spent the day by myself. It was lovely.
Kevra thought I was very strange, 'mom haven't you been off all summer?'.
Well, yes, but not by myself. Sometimes one just needs some alone time.
I didn't do anything spectacular.
Shopped where I wanted,
took as long as I wanted,
bought what I wanted,
ate lunch where I wanted
rented the movies I wanted,
Only did what I wanted.
It may sound a little selfish, but family is so much about compromise, it is nice every once in a while to be able to do exactly what I want.
PS Does anyone know the song of my colors?
8 comments:
sometimes I have visions and dreams of doing that very thing. someday.
the song of your colors? huh?
oh - thanks for the bag-o-clothes, the girls thrilledly went through and tried on (and fought over) all the dresses.
Is that the Disney song with the German duck singing? If so, I really like that song. I memorized all the words when I was in High School.
Also, I do NOT think that you are selfish for taking a day all to yourself! Good job! I hope it was great!
love it!!!! something all mothers should do
red and yellow and pink and green, purple and orange and blue... you can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow too! Don't remember where or how I know that song, but I do! :)
I love your idea, it sounds so wonderful. I am finding as I get older, that I value alone time more. Or maybe it's just that I have kids and now am rarely alone, even in the bathroom...
That sounds heavenly!
When I was Kevra's age I would have thought that sounded like torture now it sounds like PURE BLISS!
Ahhhhh, sounds like a nice day! You need a little "vacation" now and then.
Post a Comment