Wednesday, January 11, 2012

10 1/2 months

Oakland temple in September
I had a goal last year to not spend money on clothes.  It actually began in November of 2010, well I made it 10 1/2 months.  We planned several trips last fall and I really wanted to have some nicer things then my worn out, stained cloths I had been wearing the whole year.  I posted about it here.  You all gave me some good advice.  I did wait a few more weeks, but then shopped.  It was okay, I decided, it was up to me. 

Johnson farm, Ohio in October

I think it was a good experience.  It showed me I could accomplish something I set my mind to.  I think more now about what I buy.  I still look for a bargain and still make some poor purchases, but I do say no I don't really need or want that, more then I did before.  Overall, it was a journey I am glad I took.

Is there something in your life that you could do with less of?  Are you willing to try and live without it for a while? I guarantee you will learn something from letting it go, even if it is for a short while.

1 comment:

Linda C. said...

I was so impressed that you did this! Your goal setting is inspiring to me.