Now the term rest conjures up a lovely image of curling up for a nap or reading a good book for hours, both of which sound great... for a while. Forced rest, is another thing. Most of you know I have been home with pneumonia and was told to do nothing strenuous and rest to get better or have to be hospitalized. Being a mom, resting is not something I do a lot of. I thought I did, but in reality, I don't. You see, when you are a mom you notice all the things that need to be done and that you could be doing if you weren't 'resting'.
Now, don't get me wrong. I've been a very good girl and I am improving, it just takes a while. We live in such an instant society...now, I want it now. I want to be better now. I supppose I should just enjoy the journey back to health, sit back and rest a bit:)
2 comments:
Oh, I didn't know you were sick. Bed rest stinks! Hang in there, I can completely relate to the feelings you're going through- wanting to get so much done, trying to appreciate the forced slow down, etc. I hope you have a good book or two to read!
Hope you are feeling better. I was told to rest and not do any lifting or cleaning the last two months of pregnancy with Jenny. It was SO hard! I thought I would enjoy it but I didn't. I guess that is just part of the Mom gene.
Post a Comment