I have been pondering my word for the year. I have tried several on, but I seem to keep coming back to the same one, so I guess that is it. Now, all my goals don't fit neatly into this word, so I guess they will be footnotes.
My word this year is FINISH. Maybe it is because I feel like I have several mostly finished projects, that I want to get them done. I have to admit, I have never been good at finishing, great at mostly done, but not so good at done, complete, finished. Finishing allows one's mind to rest and move on to something else, it gives the sense of accomplishment "I finished that myself."
1. I want to finish the fireplace. It is only lacking a few small things, probably take me part of a Saturday to get it completed.
2. I have 3 quilts completely pieced, they just need to be quilted and bound to finish them up.
3. A couple of decorative painting projects still need to be finished.
4. Refinishing the chest we are going to use as a tv stand.
5. Post our entertainment center and trailer on Craigslist to finish getting them sold.
6. Though I won't finish this year; continue to get rid of my excess weight, I'm down 25 pounds so far using Weight Watchers Online. I have really liked it, fits well into my life.
7. Finish 4-5 books.
8. Finish the New Testament. I have loved reading the scriptures this past year and am not quite finished with the NT. I am in Hebrews. I have gone at my own pace, some days several chapters, somedays several verses. It depends how they strike me and how much I need to ponder what they say.
Now some things that don't fit the word:
1. Be more attune to how I can help someone in need. I feel prompted sometimes, but then don't act, so I am going to try and act sooner; perhaps finish the prompting.
2. Continue to work on not being judgemental.
3. Spend more time with Sterling.
4. Work on getting the backyard to not be such a mess.
Looks like a big list, we shall see:)
2nd Timothy 4:7

2 comments:
Finish is a great word- and your goals are very inspiring. Thanks for sharing! and I'm glad you're feeling better.
Ps- I read Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet that you plugged a while ago. I loved it.
25lbs that is awesome!! keep it up. I'm excited to see your finish projects.
Post a Comment