Sunday, January 1, 2012

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

We had  a terrific Christmas.  (I will over look the fact that I had bronchitis and ended up with the flu too.) 


Miraculously, we got almost all the shopping done on one night.  Sterling and I went, lists in hand, on the 9th and did most of the shopping. Store to store we went, finding things we were looking for and a few we weren't.  I got a sterling silver necklace and earrings at Pennys, 80% off, so they were $18. We stopped at Mimi's for coco and shared a dessert to finish the evening. 
before


We went to both Jordon and Kevra's concerts; both of which were awesome.  We went to a the Sonoran Desert Choral with the Stokers; dinner, company and concert were the best.  We had an office dinner for Sterling and the ward party to fill up the rest of our Saturdays.  Kevra, Mom and I went to the Nutcracker for the umpteenth time, still enjoy it every year and I know my mom and Kevra both look forward to going.
after


Katie and I had visiting teaching sisters and a few friends to brunch to exchange the "ugliest" ornament.  It was close, but the glass alligator in the grass skirt and shells was the worst to me.  We had about 40 for caroling and sweet rolls.  It was a nice cold night, we had some lovely people we sang to.  One lady said she had not had carolers in 30 years.  It is always fun.  We had our Smith Mexican feast at Linda's and it is always good to get caught up with everyone's lives.


My parents joined us for Christmas day, even went to church with us.  I think our choir sang beautifully and the program was great.  Trevor and Jessica and Shad came on Wednesday and we loved having them stay with us.  They split their time with her parents nicely, so we all got to enjoy them.  Shad was a blast to play with and listen to.  He loves to sing and talk.  They brought their puppy Baja and our dogs were not too sure about her, but we all managed fine.  She is very cute.
Shad fell asleep while he was eating.

Aren't they a handsome group:)


I'm so grateful for my family.  We got the first taste of watching your children leave after a visit.  I now know how my mother feels, a little meloncholy; so joyful to see them, knowing they do need to go back to their lives.  I'm so blessed.  It was a wonderful holiday.

No comments: