Here it is, what you have been anxiously waiting for...
THE WINNER OF THE BEST GINGERBREAD PANCAKES RECIPE CONTEST.
Well, it wasn't really a contest, like with everyone else, just here at home, with our little crew. Whatever, you know what I mean. We had two that we really liked:
The first place winner was the 3rd one we tried, very gingery but with a light fluffy cake.
Gingerbread Pancakes
1 1/3 cups flour
1 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 egg
1 1/4 cup milk (I used more, probably almost a 1/4 a cup, cuz I thought the batter was too thick. Do a little extra at a time to decide what you think after you stir it in.)
1/4 cup molasses
3 T. oil (I used canola)
You know how to put it together, right? Mix dry, mix in wet, pour on hot griddle, enjoy.
The runner up was really yummy, but not for their gingerbread quality. The recipe has apple butter in it and it really made a yummy pancake. It also used a pre-made mix (just for you, Sarah)
Gingerbread pancakes with apple butter (yes, in them not on them)
2 1/2 cups baking mix (I used bisquick)
1 cup milk
3/4 cup apple butter (by the jam at the store)
2 T. oil
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. ground ginger
1/4 t. nutmeg
2 eggs
I think I used extra milk in these too. I like the batter not runny, but not super thick too.
Try one. Your house will smell divine and it is a lovely way to get them out of bed in the morning.
4 comments:
Sounds good!
.....
Paula - I thought I would share a website with you because of the loss of your niece this summer. A friend of mine shared it on her blog; it looks like a really positive place to help in grieving. http://www.agoodgrief.com/
I hope your extended family is finding strength and peace.
I cannot wait to try those pancakes this weekend! Seriously, I have been anxiously waiting for the results.
Thanks Paula! It's the perfect time of year to try them too.
Oh, I'm so excited to try it! I just need some molasses & ginger and I'm good to go! Can't wait to share it with the family!
Post a Comment