Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I finished a book

I finished These is my Words last  night around midnight.  I know, don't say it, it has been sitting on my shelf for a long time.  I don't read much cuz I just read and read and don't want to stop.  I say I will stop when I get to the end of the chapter, but then I decide to read just the first paragraph of the next, to see where it is headed and then I'm in a few pages and can't stop til the next chapter.  Not much self discipline. 

Anyway, I loved the book!  It was great, I so much enjoyed the story and how she grew into this person.  It was neat to be set in Arizona and know a lot of the places she was talking about.  I did feel like the end came a little quick, like she wanted to not over do the number of pages and needed to wrap it up.  So, I guess I'll have to pick another book to read.  I have plenty to choose from.

Kevra asked me to mention she is available for sitting the weekends in December.  She has been applying for jobs with no luck.  I know her schedule can be unreliable, and I have to say, she could get a job, but at any rate, she would love to sit if you need one.

3 comments:

XO said...

Wish we lived closer, we would LOVE to have Kevra babysit the kids!

I adored These is My Words (I have similar reading habits/OCD)... Did you know that it's the first in a series? The other two are Sarah's Quilt and the Star Garden I think. I was nervous to read the other two for fear that they wouldn't compare to the first one, but they did pretty well...

Janalee said...

yeah, the other two in the series turn it into one huge wonderful story...if you dare.

The Young's said...

Let us know if she is available on Sat. Dec 12. Its Kevin's Work Christmas party. Nothing is officially set in stone yet. However as of today, would need a sitter for the younger boys--Devin, Carson & Mattson (not sure about Brayden). The girls are supposed to be having a girls night with a friend of ours.